Visiting Laramie During Covid-19
The world has changed, and with it, the nature of traveling. During these difficult times, we all long for an escape. Yet, with vacation planning now more challenging than ever, it’s difficult to determine, when, how, and where to travel. We’re here to help. Laramie, Wyoming is open and welcoming. Read about five ways you can experience our community safely and responsibly.
What can I expect?
In Laramie, there’s space to be adventurous and free, while simultaneously traveling ethically. With plenty of naturally distanced activities to participate in, visitors can unwind and relax in the natural splendor and safety of Southeastern Wyoming with peace of mind. Join us in following these guidelines, in order to preserve the health and well-being of our natural spaces and community.
- Before embarking on your journey, be aware of your health. While Wyoming doesn’t currently enforce any travel restrictions, Laramie does require all of its guests to be conscientious of their health before visiting. Don’t travel if you, or people in your party, are feeling unwell, have a fever, or are exhibiting cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms.
- For years, Laramie visitors and local wildlife have co-existed by keeping a respectable distance. In the same spirit, visitors are now encouraged to maintain 6-feet of social distancing from one another whenever possible.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask in public spaces and whenever social distancing isn’t feasible. This includes, but is not limited to when shopping, waiting to be served, and in other socially confined scenarios.
- In addition to wearing personal protective equipment and social distancing, we request that visitors also wash their hands regularly when passing through high-contact areas. For your convenience, sanitizing stations are available throughout downtown. Additionally, carrying travel-sized hand sanitizer is an inexpensive and convenient alternative when handwashing isn’t an option.
- Whenever possible, minimize contact with other visitors. Arrive early to beat the crowds at attractions and retail stores, call ahead to secure reservations at restaurants, or order take out and opt for curbside delivery.
Laramie Thanks You
Laramie has long been a destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Here, there’s space to explore and indulge in the unparalleled beauty of the west. For this reason, we’re uniquely primed to accept visitors in ways that our neighboring towns, counties, and states cannot. We’re fortunate in that we can offer our visitors an escape to the great outdoors, with reduced risk to their health and wellbeing. We afford this opportunity through deliberate safety precautions. And while visitors keep Laramie’s economy alive, it’s also important to respect and maintain all health practices put in place. It’s not only important to protect yourself, but also the people who call Laramie home. The livelihood of Laramie locals and the future of tourism in the area depends on it. There are lots of resources available to visitors. Check government sites before embarking on your trip, and allow knowledgeable local businesses to direct you when you arrive. Start planning your trip today, and let Visit Laramie be your guide.
- 7 minute read
Looking for Wyoming restaurants that offer outdoor dining? The seemingly endless sunny days of Wyoming summer and early fall are the perfect time to take advantage of restaurants and eateries with beautiful outdoor seating. Laramie has a fantastic selection of restaurants, food trucks, coffee shops,
- 6 minute read
Social distancing got you down? Don’t worry, this Social Distancing Road Trip itinerary will get you locals out of the house while still doing your part to flatten the curve. Laramie has many great opportunities to experience history, art, food, and nature—often without even having to...
- 6 minute read
The warmer months have arrived in the Rocky Mountain West, making adventuring outside pretty much everyone’s favorite activity. Laramie is a spectacular home base for a wide array of outdoor adventures. It is also a great place to find a little peace and quiet. In this blog, you’ll...