University Of Wyoming Football Gameday
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys!
When you come to Laramie for football gameday, be prepared for boisterous cheers, elated fans, and a dedicated tailgate crowd.
Each gameday starts with a pregame pep rally at the Marian H. Rochelle Gateway Center. The pregame festivities move over to the Pepsi Pregame Zone following the pep rally, where more pregame festivities take place on the indoor practice field.
Tailgating is of course a favorite pastime for diehard Cowboys fans, who camp out at their sites prior to each game. Wyoming tailgates love visitors, so be sure to stop by and cheer along with the biggest Cowboy fans.
Before You Go
Fall in Wyoming is unpredictable. You're just as likely to leave a game with a sunburn as you are to need a pair of mittens. So, prepare for both scenarios if you are packing far ahead, and always check the forecast.
- You may hear chants from the crowd for the “Beer Song,” a fan favorite from Western Thunder Marching Band.
- The University of Wyoming colors are Brown and Gold.
- "Breakfast at the Buck," is a local favorite, including gameday Bloody Mary cocktails and mimosas starting at 8 am at the historic Buckhorn Bar in downtown Laramie.
- Each season we trade hosting the Border War, a longstanding rivalry with our neighbor to the south, Colorado State University. The winner of this annual game takes home the trophy of the Bronze Boot. Prior to each game, the boot is run to the state line by the commanding school's ROTC squad.
- The University of Wyoming fight song is called "Ragtime Cowboy Joe."
- Students sit on the east side of the stadium, with away team visitor seating to the southwest corner.
- The Wildcatter Suites above the east side of the stadium provide an indoor experience, and are also available to be rented for events outside of football game days. Check our meetings page for more information.
Enjoy the game, and GO POKES!